A biblically-based community of Christ followers with local and global impact 2 Timothy 3:14-17 Luke 14:25-35 Acts 1:1-11
Loving people where they are and helping them follow Jesus 1 Corinthians 13, John 13:34-35, 1 John 5:1-15
Our Core Values
1. Believing and Living in Jesus (John 20:29-31) Even though we have not seen Jesus, we believe in Him by the testimony of Scripture and of the Church. Our belief is evident by Christ living through us as believers.
2. Serving Wholeheartedly (2 Chronicles 31:21) We have the willingness to serve God with all that we are and have because of what He has done for us. Also, we will follow the example of Christ’s servanthood as we live and interact with other people.
3. Growing in Christ (2 Peter 3:17-18) As an earthly parent cares for and shapes the life of their child, we will allow ourselves to be nurtured and shaped by our Heavenly Father in this life for the next. This growth extends to all areas of our lives.
4. Praying (Philippians 4:6) Prayer is communicating with God, trusting Him to sustain us, and patiently seeking His direction in all areas of our lives.
5. Practicing Hospitality (Matthew 25:34-46) We want to create a warm, welcoming atmosphere for our church family, our visitors, and those we come in contact with in our daily lives.
6. Making Disciples Who Make Disciples (Matthew 28:18-20) A disciple is simply a student or apprentice, and all Christians are disciples of Jesus Christ. As disciples, we will obey Christ’s command to share His message by nurturing, teaching and equipping others to be disciples.
Our Church Covenant
Having been led, as we believe, by the Spirit of God to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior, and on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, we do now, in the presence of God, angels, and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another as one body in Christ. We desire now:
To reaffirm our allegiance to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord;
To seek forgiveness of our sins and renewal of our spiritual lives;
To follow Christ more completely in our day-to-day experiences;
To walk together in Christian love with all people by the aid of the Holy Spirit;
To dedicate our lives and our material resources to the spread of the gospel throughout the world and into all areas of life;
To discover, through fellowship at the Lord's table, the meanings of Christian discipleship;
To pray that the words of our mouths and the medications of our hearts may be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, our strength and our Redeemer.
We believe in one God, the Trinity: God the Father, God the Son - Jesus Christ, and God the Holy Spirit.
We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ and in His deity as the only begotten Son of God - truly human, truly divine.
We believe in the absolute authority of the Scriptures as the inspired Word of God.
We believe in personal salvation by faith in Jesus Christ and in His blood atonement for sin.
We believe that believers are baptized by the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ and indwelt by the Holy Spirit at the moment of salvation.
We believe in the guidance, enlightenment, and power of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer, beginning at the moment of salvation.
We believe in two ordinances, the Lord's Supper and believer's baptism by immersion, but we have no sacraments.
We believe in the priesthood of all believers.
We believe Christians are saved to serve Jesus Christ and to tell others the good news of His love and forgiveness.
We believe in the physical resurrection of the dead and the personal Second Coming of Jesus Christ, our blessed Hope.
We believe in one body, one Spirit, one Hope, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all.